Love Locked

The Difference Between Metals. 14K Gold, 10K Gold, Gold Filled, Vermeil, Gold Plater, and Sterling Silver

The Difference Between Metals. 14K Gold, 10K Gold, Gold Filled, Vermeil, Gold Plater, and Sterling Silver

Comparing Metals 14K AND 10K GOLD All gold has a karat number that indicates its gold content. The karat system tells you how much gold a piece has based on 24 parts. So 24k gold is pure gold because it contains 24 of 24 parts. The higher the karat number, the more gold a piece has. The lowest karat number you can sell in the United States is 10k gold since it is only 10 of 24 parts, or 42% gold. The other 58% is made of alloyed metals. The most common alloyed metals include copper, zinc, nickel, and silver....

Read more →


CRYSTAL MEANINGS

Crystal Gemstone Meaning

CRYSTAL MEANINGS

  CRYSTAL MEANINGS AND PROPERTIES  Amazonite Chakras - Throat, Heart Zodiac - Virgo Planet - Uranus Element - Earth, Water Amazonite is believed to have many metaphysical powers. Amazonite stones are also thought to have tremendous healing abilities. Similar to jade, amazonite is associated with money, luck and overall success. It's known as the "gambler's stone," encouraging good luck and fortune. Amazonite is said to have a soothing effect on the nervous system. Since the nervous system controls our emotions a great deal, this stone is said to soothe tense and aggravated situations and to enhance love. Since this stone is associated with the throat...

Read more →


Engagement Rings vs. Wedding Rings: What’s the Difference?

Engagement Rings vs. Wedding Rings: What’s the Difference?

The whole process of buying lifelong jewelry is a brand new process for so many people. You may be a little confused as to the different types of commitment rings. So, let’s talk about engagement rings vs. wedding rings: what’s the difference? Are they one and the same? As one of the most trusted sources for NJ engagement rings, we’ve put together a thorough guide on buying your wedding jewelry. We absolutely love what we do as a New Jersey jeweler and feature pieces for each and every unique taste. Let’s talk through the major differences between these two types...

Read more →


How to Find Out What Engagement Ring to Buy

How to Find Out What Engagement Ring to Buy

When it comes to choosing an engagement ring, this is a major investment. You are investing in a piece of jewelry that will be worn for the rest of your partner's life. You’ll want to make sure you get it right. But how do you even know where to start? Let’s figure out how to find out what engagement ring to buy. Choosing the Perfect Engagement Ring for Your Partner Not every engagement ring needs to be a solitaire diamond on a white gold band. You may not even be buying a diamond at all! Your partner may have a...

Read more →


Do You Need to Buy a Diamond Engagement Ring?

Do You Need to Buy a Diamond Engagement Ring?

There is a major question on the mind of someone thinking of proposing: do you need to buy a diamond engagement ring? What’s the deal with diamond engagement rings anyway? Let’s go through some of the options for proposing to your partner with a gorgeous ring. Regardless of whether or not it’s a diamond, you have options for a perfect piece of fine jewelry to last a lifetime. Why Do People Propose With Diamond Engagement Rings? Historically, people have proposed with diamond engagement rings. This states all the way back to the 1400s and carries on even into today’s modern...

Read more →